Since its inception in August of 2008, FEF has:
- diverted over half a million pounds of waste from landfills
- taught more than 2,000 individuals how to compost.
- fed 1208 people with our Food Redistribution Program.
- Provided 45,100 pounds of food to feed animals.
- Made thousands of people world-wide “re-think waste” with over 143,000,000 media impressions from our “Ladies of Manure” 2013 Calendar campaign.
"We have spearheaded projects such as “Fertile Roots Miami”, a food composting project with the City of Miami and local restaurants; an earthworm farm in Davie; and a food donation program for humans & animals in partnership with the Homestead CRA."